IDP Internship Program
The Indiana Democratic Party is offering a very exciting opportunity for talented and dedicated individuals interested in gaining experience in the fast-paced world of politics. The Party is seeking to fill internship roles on a rolling basis. This is an outstanding opportunity to get hands-on experience working in the office of a state political party and contribute to the success of all of our Democratic candidates ahead of the November municipal election. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Our intern cycles align with the Fall, Spring and Summer school semesters and we start the interviewing process in the months of July, November and April respectively.
- Valuable skills and firsthand insight into the inner workings of the political and legislative process
- Networking with Indiana Democratic Party leaders, activists, staff, candidates and elected officials
- Enhanced communication and organizational skills
- Work as part of a dedicated team that is interested in your personal development
- This position is a paid internship through a monthly stipend, interns will also be provided with free parking and opportunities for future training, travel, permanent positions, and career advancement in the field.
- We will work with academic institutions if interns are seeking college credit for this internship. Interns must submit the proper paperwork to the Party and their school.
Interns will provide administrative support to party staff. Responsibilities may include:
- Campaign research
- Voter outreach
- Data entry
- Assistance with local campaign events
- Special projects
Applicants must be:
- Passionate about Democratic politics
- Trustworthy and responsible
- Able to communicate effectively with others
- Flexible and willing to help when needed
- Able to work on multiple tasks at once
Start/End Dates and Schedule
Applications are now being accepted on a rolling basis.
Interns must commit to working a minimum of 15 – 25 hours per week. Schedule flexibility is a possibility. This position has a monthly stipend but does not include travel reimbursement. Remote and hybrid virtual/in-person opportunities are available.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply by filling out the official 2023 IDP Internship Application Google Form, and a member of staff will be in contact.